NuFAQs is a web-based tool that guides you in exploring the workload, job characteristics, and attitudes toward work-life among full-time nurse faculty in the U.S. NuFAQs reports on responses to the National Survey of Nurse Faculty from a nationally representative sample of all full-time faculty members teaching in nursing schools that offer at least one degree program that prepares graduates to sit for the licensure examination.
- Results were compiled from responses from all full-time nurse faculty members teaching in over 270 nursing programs that were selected to be representative of all pre-licensure ADN and BSN programs in the United States.
- The survey was administered by postal mail, Web, and telephone. Completed questionnaires were received from 3,120 faculty members. The overall faculty response rate was 78%.
- Please cite the following for using data from this study (and website): National Survey of Nurse Faculty 2011, Rutgers University Center for State Health Policy, with funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- For more details on the study design, contact us at info@EvaluatingInnovationsInNursing.org.
- Step 1. Explore a Measure
- Browse the dimensions or measures by clicking on [+] to expand the topics. Choose one that best serves as the focus of your interest. NuFAQs will show you how nurse faculty across the country fare on this dimension.
- Stay in Explore a Measure to browse distributions for other dimensions, or move on to the next step to explore your chosen dimension more deeply.
- To see the actual wording of the survey question that generated a measure (or characteristic), mouse over the [symbol] next to the result title.
- Step 2. Cross-tabulate
- Choose another measure or characteristic, and NuFAQs will display the breakdown of your previously chosen dimension (from step 1) by this characteristic.
- Stay in Cross-tabulate to see breakdowns by other characteristics, or move to Step 3 to further refine the analysis.
- Step 3. Select a Subgroup
- Choose a subgroup to see the breakdown of the work-life indicator ONLY FOR this subgroup.
- At anytime, you may go back to a previous step to select a different indicator, or start over.
- To print the result tables and bar graphs, click .
For you to compare full-time faculty members at your school to national averages with regard to various aspects of work-life, here is a link to our questionnaire. Ask your colleagues to complete it, and you’ll be able to assess how their workload and attitudes toward work compare to faculty members similar to them throughout the country.
If you have questions about the use of this questionnaire, contact us: email@example.com